Prenatal Resources for Coronavirus
Our hearts and prayers go out to all the expectant mothers during this season. Remember that your body was designed for the process of birth! Take a look at these resources - they come from highly recommended organizations. Take this time to connect with your body and your baby, educate, and empower yourself! Please, reach out if we can help in any way!
1) Evidence Based Birth is offering a Free crash course on childbirth education and additional videos on how you might be impacted by Covid-19. If you're pregnant right now you'll definitely want to watch these with your support person!
2) InJoy Childbirth Education is offering some free birth videos AND breastfeeding latch and positions videos!
Click on the menu Icon, then use the green arrow on the upper right hand of the screen to scroll through.
3) Aviva Romm who is a midwife and MD, has some great resources on her website and will be making free online courses soon.
Join her free Facebook 6 week Birth Support Group with Live videos weekly. This is a gem! Definitely recommend joining!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ideservebirthsupport/ Or Zoom here: https://zoom.us/j/528517471
4) Ascension Via Christi's childbirth and new parent education classes, suspended temporarily during the COVID-19 outbreak, are now available virtually at no cost to participants.
Find a class: http://ascn.io/61811Ii43
5) Birth Boot Camp is offering 50% off online childbirth classes! These are highly recommended and very comprehensive! What a deal! Please use my affiliate link to help out this small business owner.
6) Our Wichita midwives are getting lots of inquiries as well. I highly recommend Wichita Birth Assistance where I'm an apprentice. www.wichitabirths.com
You can find a list of Certified Kansas Midwives here:
7) I highly recommend the online Mama Natural class. This is a very comprehensive class taught by a midwife. So, shut in and binge watch - get educated, empowered, and informed!! Please use this affiliate link:
8) CDC guidelines for pregnancy and breastfeeding:
9) WHO guidelines:
10) Check out our very own relaxation script to help you practice relaxation:
11) Postpartum virtual support groups available:
https://www.facebook.com/TheVillageICT/ (Find the facebook posts for zoom meetings)
12) Let us know how we can help support you - check out the benefits of doula support!
Evidence Based Statistics: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/the-evidence-for-doulas/
Video Link: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/using-a-doula-for-pain-relief/
Ashley Thompson | New Beginnings
2290 N Tyler Rd, Ste 100 Wichita, KS 67205
Sara Leavitt | ICT Chiropractic & Acupuncture
940 N Tyler Rd #103, Wichita, KS 67212
Kaileigh McClaughlin & Megan Sullivan | Healing Hands Chiropractic
728 W Douglas Ave, Wichita, KS 67203
Jerry Degrado | Degrado Chiropractic
5119 E Kellogg Dr, Wichita, KS 67218
Rachel Viner | Family First Chiropractic
1034 N Andover Rd Suite 200, Andover, KS 67002
Mental Health Resources
The Village Perinatal Support Network, Wichita
Ashley Brockus, MS LCMFT | Mama Bear Birth
Lyndsey Buseman, MSFT, TLMFT | Align Family Therapy
Sunshine Family Yoga | Sheryl Haynes
BirthFit | Sara Leavitt
Strong Mother | Lauren Scafe
Wichita Birth Assistance | Deidre Degrado, Cynthia Barger, Sharon Foster, Sarah Gaul
Young Beginnings | Ginger Young
Fruitful Vine Midwifery | Kathy Brace, Brandy Thorne
Truly You Midwifery | Rebecca Whistler
Born Midwifery | Kyle Parish, Meridian Faul
La Leche League
WesleyCare Breastfeeding Clinic
Via Christi Breastfeeding Clinic
Julie Fields, IBCLC, RN (Private, in-home consultations)
Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
Heather Rogers | Summit Physical Therapy